View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 03:10 PM   #221
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I'm on a modified year long schedule at my new school. I'm back August 1st. Summer Break started on Memorial Day.

The main idea of it is that it fights the "summer slip". Basically there's a ton of data that longer summers cause learning loss, especially among elementary students. There's been an argument for a long time that if elementary teachers didn't have to "re-teach" in the first quarters of every year, learning outcomes could be improved across the board.

Anecdotally, teachers say longer fall and spring breaks help with burnout for a position that is experiencing major staffing shortages around the country.

Just my two cents. I personally am fine with either approach as long as I'm out before June (85 degree classrooms are no bueno -- and I had to deal with that the last month of school in my last two years).
I give you teacher's all the credit. You are vital to our success but are given so little.

In AZ they provide an optional "donation list" as classrooms are supposed to be fully supplied by AZ law. We always make sure to give as much as possible. The education system here is near the bottom of the barrel. I don't know how you teacher's do it but thank you.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.