View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 03:48 PM   #882
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
This is actually very well thought out, and quite persuasive. I do worry if his mechanics will be able to hold, because I think about it from a golf perspective where the flaws you have when you first learn the game never truly leave. I also think about guys who "fix" their swings like Chris Davis did with the hoop drill, only for it to be a fleeting improvement. I'm also not of the belief that they need fast movers through the system, as I think any hope for a good 2024 team is shot. I'd favor stripping away every asset with over three years of service time so they can actually remake the team instead of cobbling together mediocre squads that get by due to a bad division.
A fast mover means 2025 and like you, that's the EARLIEST I think this team might be even sneaking back to respectability.

And a lot of that may ride on the arm of Tink Hence and development of Masyn Winn/Jordan Walker. Because Goldschmidt (when he's inevitably foolishly extended) and likely even Arenado won't be guys that can carry the weight for a contender at that point, IMO.

Goldy will be too old and Nolan's swing is just so damn violent; I still think there are back issues in the making there.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how Mozeliak let this staff get to this. It's old, it's ineffective, it's expensive and there's no staying power to it whatsoever. But somehow, some way, Liberatore, Thompson, Hence, Hjerpe, McGreevy and Graceffo are going to have to form 3/5ths of a starting rotation in 2 years for this team to matter.

And by then, you could see a mid-season callup for someone like Davis in 2025 and if you continue to get development from Scott, you could see a pretty exciting pair out there by 2026.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.