Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 07:57 AM   #64175
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Exactly. I have no problem putting Elway in the top 10. And, closer to 5 than 10 for that matter. The game is more than just numbers, and he definately had the "More" part.
See this is reasonable. To me he'd be closer to the bottom of that Top 10 or maybe just outside of it, but this is a take I can fully respect.

Just because I realize how overrated he has become by sportswriters and the public doesn't mean I don't think he was great. He was a damn good quarterback.

I'm just sick of people putting him in the Top 5 through their nostalgia glasses and their (seemingly) only arguments are a Reeves argument that no dataset supports, and the "You just had to watch him play". There's a reason eyewitness testimony has proven to be very unreliable in court, because it can be easily manipulated.

Stats mean something Dammit!!!
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote