Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 01:51 PM   #2345
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
If you're going in that direction of Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, and The Undoing, I thought Mare of Eastown was the best of the bunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I just finished The Days on Netflix last night.

Its the story of the Fukushima Daiichi disaster or the Japanese Chernobyl.

It was certainly interesting and I wished I had liked it more than I did. Feel it was a couple episodes too long bloated with emotion trying to capture the stoic sense of duty and respect in Japanese culture but it just got a little long in the tooth.

Super interesting true (mostly) story which if you aren't familiar with could make it worthwhile.

The fact that the plant still isn't decommissioned and is practically a bomb still sitting there was a little eye opening.
Yeah, these nuclear things are weird. Chernobyl is like EVERYBODY HAS TO BE DEAD RIGHT? And it was bad. It was a goddamned catastrophe. However, the Reactors 1-3 were operated until 2000. How the hell could operators live and work in the exclusion zone with all that radiation? Then you read about all the people that sneak in there with Geiger Counters and stuff is all profoundly interesting, but it's weird, and not how we we would think.

And I think 3 Mile Island ran until sometime in the 90s, and only shut down because the company went broke.

Weird shit man.

I will check the The Days though, obviously Ithat shit is interesting.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.