View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 05:36 PM   #246
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
I still bro split. A combination of power/strongman lifting along with bodybuilding.

2-2.5 hours in the gym M-f.
Is the 10+ hours/week more of a product of heavy lifting + rest, volume? Both?

Or to put it another way, did you ever up your workouts from say 3 days a week or 6 hours/week... and why?

Sort of a loaded question because I know the answer for myself will simply be "do what works for you"... but, curious anyway.

I look for ~5-ish sets per muscle group per day (of whatever I'm working on) and ~10-ish sets per muscle group per week. I look to do 8-12 reps and track religiously, and up weight once I hit 12. I have yet to spend weeks plateaued or anything (especially legs, where having an actual gym the past several months has helped a ton), and of course sometimes it's the opposite of just not feeling the extra reps .... but, I still go back and forth sometimes on whether it would be beneficial to up volume across more than just 3 days, especially while currently being limited to 60 minutes in the morning.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.