View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 11:14 AM   #229
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Then you are not doing the lift correctly. Abduction should happen as you press up. All as one continuous motion. Not before pressing like you see most do.

But the rear delt is still not contracting against the weight. The weight is pressing downward because of gravity (see the red arrows). Sure, you're getting a contraction of the rear delt (green arrows) as you rotate the weight from the front to the sides as you raise it, but the contraction is pretty much better than it would be just contracting it against no weight at all because you're working perpendicular to gravity. Of course the front and side delts are fully working (blue arrow) directly against gravity, which actually causes the rear delts to stretch to a degree.

My point is to not do this exercise and expect it to do anything to grow a rear delt.

EDIT: Damnit, my work internet won't let me upload the little diagram that I drew.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote