View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 09:30 AM   #37369
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Going to guess the 23 tax bill is due to go up about 40 percent. That house is just up the street from mine and the county tried to take mine by 45 percent.

I’m appealing but if I don’t win, assesses home value will have more than trippled
Since I bought the house in 17.
Assessed Valuation is the biggest crock of shit.

Because ultimately your recourse is pretty much dick AND the people in charge of it are the self-interested local governments that get to take more money from you based on it.

We got our place in November of '16 and yeah, it's gone up by probably 40-50% based on local market assessments from my realtor since then (or at least it peaked that high; my loan's at 2.25% so I'm no longer in the market now that rates are what they are - I ain't giving up that loan so I'm not really paying attention to my home value anymore either).

And it's not like Columbia's market is appreciably different than anywhere else in Missouri. Southwest Columbia where I am is the hottest part of Columbia anyway. If I got some bullshit update saying my AV was 3 TIMES higher than it was when I bought the place, I'd have friggen kittens.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote