Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 01:26 PM   #528
Supporter

I checked the hives with new queens last night.
1. the queen that flew to the moon, stayed there because she didn't come back. That's $35 oops and now they don't have a queen, so I'll have to solve that.
2. I did see a queen in one of my queen cell splits so that was a nice find.
3. the second purchased queen that wasn't quite released the other day, was still in the queen cage and it was full to capacity with workers. I don't know what to make of it, but there were a ton of bees on the cage. I ended up pulling the staple on the screen to let her out and it looked like the bees balled up on her. I couldn't tell if they were just so starved for a queen they were excited to see her, or if there is indeed another queen in there and they were trying to kill her. I puffed some smoke on them and they got off of her and I saw her run down into the box. I'll check again in a few days and see if she lived and is laying or if I wasted another queen.

I'm picking up 6 nuc(boxes with 5 frames that include a laying queen and some resources) that I'll install Wednesday. Maybe I'll take some video clips of that stuff so people can see it if they want to.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.