View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 10:22 AM   #1159
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I give DirecTV two years tops before they're defunct. 50% of their customers were only subscribing for Sunday Ticket. I dropped it once I figured out how easy it was to get free streams, but they're really screwed now.

My guess is them and Dish Network will have to merge to survive at some point.
https://www.nexttv.com/news/less-tha...%20discounting.

According to this, 23% of DTV subscribers had Sunday Ticket. Out of # that some will cancel and some will just switch over and pay youtube but keep directv.

I'd guess they lose 10-15% of their subscribers. Which might actually make them money compared to what they were paying the NFL (or what they would have had to pay to compete with Apple and Amazon). I'm sure they did the math and came to that conclusion.

DTV was very profitable before AT&T bought them. Their overhead is low compared to the fees they bring in.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote