View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 02:21 PM   #268
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I’d sure love for Mo to finally be held accountable but that’s not going to happen.

Do other teams managers call out their players by name? This seems to be happening a lot. Larissa was tell it like it is kind of manager but I don’t remember even his abrasive personality calling out players rehurally and publicly.
By and large, LaRussa only returned fire.

He'd privately lay into guys here and there and if that guy took it public, LaRussa would respond in kind.

But I can't recall him ever firing the first salvos in a public forum. And when he did, it was always uphill. If he put someone on blast publicly, it would be the front office. And even then he wouldn't say "Man, my 2b sucks shit" it would be quite a bit more nuanced than that.

I will always maintain that's what got Shildt fired. He saw in Shildt someone that was going to eventually be willing to do what LaRussa had made an art form of - holding his organization publicly accountable. LaRussa had more organizational cache than Mozeliak and Moe wasn't going to let that happen again, so he fired Shildt before the possibility surfaced.

Because he's ****ing awful at his job.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.