Thread: Movies and TV Top gun trailer
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 03:31 PM   #298
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yup the Maverick test run was nostalgic and awesome.

My biggest question after seeing it again is after they go up past 9G on the steep incline after dropping the bombs, that’s such a steep slope and such a speed that you figure it would take time to snap out of that while enemy bombs were triggered as soon as they went past the top.

That seemed to be the scariest part of the mission more than anything. Your oxygen is pressed to the max, you’re damn near blacking out and oh yeah there’s bombs right there immediately coming for you. Didn’t seem realistic but hey it was still ****ing awesome
You can shake G-Loc in 10-20 seconds but that's essentially an eternity here.

I think ultimately they're relying on a fairly dumb weapons platform. Sam's aren't laser guided or anything; they're infrared. So you come out of there, get the bell screaming in your ear and it shouldn't take too terribly much presence of mind to fire off your flares and bank.

What confused me about that sequence is why they spent so much time in the coffin corner. Your presence is known so staying below a radar envelope isn't getting you anywhere. Incoming aircraft aren't on scene yet.

Hit the damn afterburners and haul ass out of there. You should be exposed to maybe two SAM sites before you're clear of their radar range. Make a couple of slight banks to separate from the flares and give the missiles something else to hit (and avoid getting hit by shrapnel) but man, I wouldn't think you'd need to jink more than 20% off center. And even if you did - get the noise pointed due west and be gone as quickly as you can.

They just seemed to be loitering in a kill box.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.