View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 01:12 PM   #6283
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I'm around 15-17 handicap and this is my biggest issue. Wasted shots. I'll play decent over 14 holes and look back and realize that I gave up 8+ shots over those 4 holes. Kills my score.

Bladed my chip over the green; chipped back short; 2 putt. Instead of 5 at worst, I'm carding a 7.
I carried about a 15-17 handicap for a long time living in NJ. When I moved to CA in 1996 and started to play 3 days a week, I spent a LOT of time practicing my chipping and sand trap shots. I also also worked on eliminating 3 putts.

By the time I left CA in early 2002, I was a 7.8 handicap and I rarely tossed away shots. My biggest weakness to this day has been my 3,4,5 irons. I have a bad habit of reverse pivoting that creates hitting the ball fat. I am NOT a natural golfer and only got good due to massive amounts of practice and muscle memory.

I rarely play any golf even though I live in golf haven here in AZ but I am going to get back to playing this summer after I drop all the weight I've gained the last 2 1/2 years.

I bet I am a 25+ handicap today if I stepped on a course.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote