View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 02:33 PM   #840
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Wrong.

He did not suck as a Sophomore. Higgins had a bigger year in yards but Ross was still #2 on the team and finished ahead of Higgins in leading the team in receptions. He still averaged 13 yards per reception, which isn't being shit.

He also came back from the spinal surgery just fine and played in 2021 but he spent the entire season playing on a stress fracture that he made worse in game 10, then had to end up shutting it down and getting surgery (which was botched). The fact he not only played but played as well as he did on that fracture is kudos to him.

He then ran his 40 on that botched repair just to run it for teams.

I'm not the one here that's getting caught up on things. The guy was a really good WR.

He has a better career than Kayshon Boutte. He's a projected 3rd rounder. His yards per reception is historically better than Xavier Hutchinson's. He's a projected 4th rounder. So, from a production standpoint, he's at least in that range no matter what argument you guys want to make.
And Bouttte, as teams are looking deeper into his athleticism, is starting to slide with some folks (myself included) thinking he may go as late as the 5th.

I mean ultimately if I wanted to squint I could talk myself into saying that a 'healthy' Ross is a late 2nd, early 3rd rounder. But that's really talking myself into it.

I just don't see the athleticism and there have been a ton of guys taken in that 100-150 range that simply didn't amount to anything.

At best I think maybe I could talk myself into treating him like I treated Niang after the COVID year where he redshirted his injury; a sort of "yeah, this guy could maybe amount to something..." But even then, I think Niang was slightly better raw prospect.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.