View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 09:23 AM   #824
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I think your take is a little pessimistic. It also discounts Veach and the medical staff.

If they thought the spinal situation was a problem, they wouldn't have bothered.

The foot thing, as I understand it, was a poor surgery, and they took the opportunity to 'red shirt' the kid and fix it right.

So, yeah, there's an injury history that's concerning, but they're unrelated injuries in every possible way.

I agree with your take that IF the kid is 100%, there's a path to playing time in Juju's role; I totally agree that he's that type of receiver.

I'm not penciling him in or anything, but having a season of watching tape and learning the offense while getting healthy is good reason for optimism.

I'm not planning on it, but I think there's reason for optimism.
They barely bothered as it stood, though.

I mean they couldn't have been THAT confident in him - he went undrafted even by Veach.

I guess we're quibbling largely over semantics. I like taking a shot on him because he's a big kid that produced at a high level. He had some skills at one point and he didn't cost a thing.

But I struggle to get to 'reasons for optimism'. It's a plan for the worst and hope for the best scenario. Maybe he breaks through and makes the team - awesome. But do you think there's even a 20% chance he makes the squad and gives us, say, 300 yards receiving this year?

I can't get there and if that's the bar I'm setting and won't even give coinflip odds of clearing it, I just can't find a way to call that 'optimism'.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.