Thread: Chiefs Our current WR costs.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 06:34 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
It's not. I mean, good on you for believing, but there's just no way Andy rolls into 2023 with MVS, Toney and Skyy as the 'returning vets' and backing them up with a couple mid-round drafted WRs and the dregs we currently have in the likes of Marsette, Powell and the Ross brothers. No team in the NFL would do that.

And if they were, why not then re-sign JuJu or Hardman, or pick up the likes of Adam Thielen on the cheap? Why bother with creating all the cap space? Why touch Pat's deal, which is supposed to be a "only-break-glass in case of emergency" option?

Answer: Veach is quietly planning on bringing in a veteran WR, either along the lines of a Corey Davis type, or he's going big game hunting (Odell/DeHop).

It's really the only play that makes realistic sense at this point.
They didn't really create a 'ton of cap-space'.

They've got like $10m. What'll it cost to sign the draft picks again?

No, they probably have JWat on hold, while they're looking around for a bigger bodied guy with some upside. I thought Callaway would be a good fit.

They didn't clear enough for the big names you guys are all hot and bothered for.

If THAT was the plan, they'd have hit the Mahomes piggy bank harder and the deal would've been done.

You guys are just not facing reality.

Andy Reid is expecting Skyy and Toney to make big strides. Period.

I hope he's right; not just as a fan, but as an armchair GM it sure makes the next three or four years look like a golden ticket.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.