Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 11:43 AM   #768
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
Phase 4 I'd agree, but other than Waititi, Coogler (and Jon Watts who is under Sony's thumb w/ Spider-Man) all the directors in Phase 4 are new to the MCU. Waititi essentially redefined the character with Raganarok, and there was a lot of chatter they were giving him a lot more free reign when it was in production due to that shift.

Don't get me wrong, Feige has really messed up with Phase 4 and I'm sure that wasn't the only problem, but it is also apparent that Waititi went off the deep end quite a bit in Love and Thunder. Both things can be; and probably are, true.
I'm just saying that the problem isn't just one or two directors getting too much leash.

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
The Eternals
Multiverse of Madness
Love & Thunder

Some will defend one or another, and some were better than others, but they were all bad movies (Shang Chi was the best of the lot, and might be considered mediocre rather than bad). Every one of them saw the problems start at the beginning: the script/storyline. Wokeness, some bad acting, too much needless CGI, and other things also combined to make the problem. And we could see this coming at least as far back as with Captain Marvel (I would argue that the seeds of the rot were planted in Black Panther).

Last edited by Just Passin' By; 02-22-2023 at 12:05 PM..
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote