View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 05:44 AM   #220
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
If there is any behavior that is meaningless its what is said in a post game interview or to the media. Thats what image the player, his brand and agent have decided they want to portray. On field behavior is much more accurate of a persona of a person. And dont get me wrong, I love that Mahomes is cocky. All the best were. Jordan, Brady, Bonds. All competitive pricks. All great.

Its like a first date. You don't send yourself to a first date. You send your chief representative. There isn't anyone more fake than how someone acts publicly after thought & reflection.
OMFG. You have dropped some real knowledge here, dude.

I've actually met Mahomes and had drinks with him. And I've shared before that he's far, far more edgy in person than he ever is at a podium, which is no surprise to literally anyone. We all know that he's been coached up extremely well having grown up with a father as a professional athlete and now being in Chiefs organization under Andy Reid.

The point is that there's a public persona and a private persona. The public persona is what you're putting out into the world that represents the team, organization, and city. And how you want people to view you.

There is a very big difference being cocky behind close doors in private and going out of your way to be cocky in a press conference to the world. It speaks to "getting it" and the vibe you're deliberately putting out there. The guy who doesn't care if he's labeled like that is probably far more cocky than the guy who treads lightly.

Mahomes has been class at every turn in these more scripted situations. Is he competitive on the field? Absolutely. But he's never said anything that's been remotely as me-me-me as those Burrow comments and the guy has actually won a SB and an MVP.

So **** off white knighting Joe Burrow.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote