View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 02:46 PM   #925
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
You've had some good home run picks, kccrow. Guys like Aaron Jones and Matt Judon and Jessie Bates form a great core.

There's something that's really satisfying in this game about making a really good pick, because it helps you for years. And this game also makes it clear about how hard it is to make good picks. I think I've done reasonably okay drafting, and every year I feel good about my draft, and then most of them flame out fast.
I think you've done a great job as well, especially offensively.

Definitely, great points on how difficult it is, and flaming out or not becoming what you expect is a huge hurdle. An example for me is Teven Jenkins. I expected him to at least be a good RT if he didn't work out at LT. Instead, he ends up at RG where I already have two high-quality players. That's a tough one.

I think the other thing it shows is that you better be patient with picks developing. You're usually not getting a lot in year 1, or even in year two. Hell, some guys, such as Sieler and Okoronkwo, didn't even really contribute much until year 4. It's tough to balance the patience when you're making decisions on who to retain on the 53.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.