View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 09:00 PM   #57
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Life kind of kicked me hard in the nuts in mid-November - fell off a ladder at work and trashed my knee. The initial diagnosis from the ER doctor was a ruptured patellar tendon, which would have been massively awful, but the MRI showed it was instead a torn ACL and meniscus. Had surgery to replace the former and repair the latter last week, over a month after the initial injury.

Prior to the past month and a half, I'd been on crutches for a grand total of two days in my life (mild knee sprain 25 years ago), so let's just say this was a most unpleasant and unwelcome life change for a 57-year-old man. However, the surgery went well, I seem to be recovering on schedule, and already have quite a bit of strength and range of motion back. The pain really hasn't been all that bad either. I'm certainly doing better than I thought I would be given my age. Hopefully I'll be back to normal in a month or two.

But boy, did the timing suck when it came to holidays. The initial injury was the week before Thanksgiving, so not only did it wreck the holiday but it was hell getting responses from anybody because so many of them were off, not to mention difficult to schedule stuff. And my surgery was three days before Christmas, so it was the same deal all over again. My follow-up appointment with the surgeon isn't scheduled until tomorrow, although I've already started physical therapy. So I guess my advice would be if you're going to wreck your ****ing knee, don't do it in mid November.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote