View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #6885
Veteran

I think Lyles is a fine signing for the Royals. You need innings eaters like him. Furthermore, he had a bit of a resurgence last year in Baltimore. So much so that he got scooped up pretty heavily in AL-Only fantasy leagues.

At one time he was my favorite underdog to bet on. 2014, when he went from the Astros to the Rockies. I'd bet unders and on Colorado when he pitched. The payouts were always very juicy, you see, cause it's a struggling pitcher that sucked in Houston now going to the launching pad of Coors Field. But I'd seen him pitch plenty in Houston and I thought he looked pretty good then, better than his inflated numbers would have you believe, and at that time he was still quite young with plenty of upside. That year he finished with a ERA+ of 98, so very profitable indeed, cause he was always priced like he was a gas can. In the three preceding seasons with the Astros, his ERA+ was 71,79 and 72. Not many pitchers get better when they go to the Rockies, but Lyles sure did, and he made my bankroll better in the process. CANUDIGIT?

Now that Mr. Lyles gets to enjoy the pitching friendly confines of the K, I could see him eclipsing that 100 ERA+ mark for the second time in his career. He last did that in 2019 (106) and put up a 91 last year, pitching in another bandbox (Baltimore).
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.