View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #6876
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Anyone that wants to give up on Witt at SS is either ignorant, trolling, or just really ****ing stupid. I'd guess youre probably all of the above.
I don't think anybody is saying to give up on Witt! The reason for playing him at SS is sound, if he is ready to be a good defensive SS in the majors! From what I saw last year, he wasn't when we had a better defensive SS in Lopez.

IMHO, for us to see if we are going to compete for a WC this year, we need to start off solid defense up the middle plus solid hitters in the lineup. With that said, it's tough to get 9 solid hitters and top notch defense on the field. usually you have a weaker hitter or 2 in your lineup.

Until we see that this team will / will not compete for a playoff position, IMHO, we start Lopez at SS, Witt on 3B and Mondi at 2B. I'm not sold yet on Massey, but what we saw last year is promising, but so was Lopez in 2021. I feel we need to use these players up the middle with Tucker in CF, yet still being able to produce enough offense to be competitive.

Now with all of that said, we have to wait to see how they produce on the field first to start the season. I'm not ever inclined to just play guys for the sake of playing them because they are great guys or we need to develop them. Developing players is for the Minor Leagues, yes I understand they to play in the Majors too, but not to start the season when their is a better option on the team. It's not like we we are demoting him to AAA or taking his bat out of the lineup!

This year with the players returning to old style baseball, playing on the ( so called ) dirt, we need defense, speedy defenders to enhance to team play, Not sentimental picks

Last edited by ROYC75; 12-20-2022 at 09:44 AM..
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote