Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 11:30 PM   #3983
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You mean Dances With Blue Aliens?

Avatar reminds me of the old joke about a bodybuilder who starts stripping down in front of the girl he just picked up. He rips off his shirt, flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he strips off his pants, again flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he peels off his underwear and she says "four tons of raw dynamite with a two inch fuse!"

Or the description of Nuke from Bull Durham - a million dollar arm with a ten cent head.

Or a lavishly decorated package under the Christmas tree that you drool over for weeks that ends up containing a pack of Bic razors.

That's Avatar. The special effects were visionary; stunning; amazing. The first 20 minutes or so were, for me, the closest thing I've experienced in the theater to the joy and wonder I felt the first time I saw Star Wars as a kid. But after that... ****. The story was an unoriginal, plagiaristic bore, utterly predictable and frankly pathetic. It's like they spent untold millions on the visuals and minimum wage on the script. I walked out of the theater annoyed and insulted. I have zero desire to see the sequel. Absolutely zero. Cameron can kiss my ass. If he wants to do another movie ripping on the evils of rich white men, he should try an autobiography.

We must protect the Pee Poles

If I see that trailer one more time during football I am going to explode.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.