Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 10:19 AM   #733
__

So now that four phases are done (at least according to Wikipedia), here's how I scored the movies out, imperfectly.

If you were my #1 movie, you got 30 points. If you were my #2 movie, you got 29 points, and so on. Iron Man 2, my #30 movie, got 1 point.

I totaled the points up for each phase and then divided them by the number of movies in that phrase (6 movies in P1, 6 in P2, 11 in P3, 8 in P4). Here's my results:

Phase 1: 12.67 points/film
Phase 2: 14.00
Phase 3: 18.73
Phase 4: 14.14

Observations: I loved Thor more than anybody else, and Iron Man was excellent, but Phase 1 (and the entire MCU) was really saved by The Avengers. It had some epic stinkers to start the MCU off.

Phase 3 was just an insane hot streak for any cinematic universe. Aside from GOTG2, Civil War, Black Panther, Ragnarok, all epic films, there were also both Infinity Wars movies, which were perhaps the most epic things ever put to screen.

I have Phase 4 ticked slightly above 2 as my second favorite phase. But oddly enough the highest rated P4 film I have was No Way Home at 12. The lowest rated P4 film I have is Multiverse of Madness at 22. I have P1, P2, and P3 films all rated lower than Multiverse of Madness. So while I do think that P4 has been strong, the reason people may feel blah about it is that they're all very same-y in quality.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote