Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #3944
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
Haven't seen it yet.
You've never seen Excalibur? Wow. I guess I sometimes forgot not everybody's old.

It's one of the great movies that came out when I was in high school. Alien, Empire Strikes Back, Excalibur, Conan the Barbarian, American Werewolf in London, Blade Runner and Star Trek II are the standouts. I guess you could also add Return of the Jedi to the list, although I saw it month after I graduated.

As for Excalibur, you should watch it at your first opportunity. While it's not perfect, it is a fantastic movie with a great score and awesome battle scenes. Look for Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson and Gabriel Byrne in early supporting roles. Also, nice side boob shot of young(ish) Helen Mirren, who played Morgana. But the best performance was by Nicol Williamson, who played Merlin - a scenery chewing lunatic who absolutely stole the show. And much like Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn from Game of Thrones, Williamson and Mirren had previously dated and hated each others' guts. But unlike GoT, where Headey and Flynn famously refused to have any scenes together, Williamson and Mirren did, and their real life contempt for each other really made their scenes together that much better.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote