View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 02:20 PM   #5299
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I love this truck. So unless my wife decides "Hey, why don't you just go get a TRX for shits and giggles..." I figure I'll take this to 150K miles or so and I only put about 9K/yr on it. So it's got another 10 years at least. Shit, now that I think about it, my daughter is 8. May just give the thing to her in 8 years so I still have a truck in the house and then go find a go fast as my daily...

Hmm.....

In either event, ain't too worried about re-sale.

Yeah, Detox has always been a good source for this stuff. And !@#$ing Growling Sidewinder videos have brutally murdered my productivity.
Goddamn notorious

I used to be a run it until it dies guy, but I'm keeping a decent pickup around for the farm for reliability purposes. So for whatever it's worth here has been our experience.

Dad's 2019 5.6 L with 56,000 broke a lifter
Moms 2022 with 2,000 killed a transmission
My 2021 6.2 L with 21,000 broke a lifter

All within 6 weeks of each other.

Now, I know that if they all started at the same time, it wouldn't be that bad, but I was feeling kind of picked on. I also know they're GM, not RAM. I also know it's a small sample size and not representative of any larger group of vehicles.

Nonetheless, I've decided I'm not going to run anything out of warranty. My pickup has a fleet warranty on it so it gets 100K drivetrain, and the wife's car I bought an extended one on. We still have a farm vehicle for the wife that is out of warranty, but once it goes away, I'll probably keep that one warranty too.

Oh, one more anecdote: My MPCI adjuster broke a lifter in his RAM about the time I got my pickup back out of the shop.

I'm not telling anybody to do anything, but I'm going to keep shit in warranty.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.