Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 12:07 PM   #507
Supporter

That’s awesome I’d you got 60# out of 2 first year hives, let alone one. That’s great production.

I had a state inspector come down and try to figure out why all my shit is dying. He said in 40 years he’d never seem what’s going on at my second yard where all of them died. We found 2 more during inspections and mite testing with no queens and dying…..that’s typical.

I had a call of a falling down house and a tree down from a tornado that needed bees removed before they are burned. Wasn’t in the mood due to recent results and time of year, but my horizontal hive was dying and has honey so I did it. The tree turned out to be bumble bees…. The house had a shitload of bees in it. I had to chainsaw open the roof and soffit to get to them, but after 6hr of my estimated 2hr job I was t done and my bee vac wasn’t working. I had a box completely full of bees and estimate there were still 6~8# of bees clustered…and likely the queen. I put the hive box with the brood comb together and set it in the attic. I got a call today from the owner and it sounds like he thinks the bees went into my box….so hopefully I got them so it wasn’t another wasted Saturday.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.