Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 03:48 PM   #7
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I saw an interview with him where he said he didn't even try to recreate Shatners mannerisms with Kirk. Said it would come off as a parody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I guess that makes sense. I can't think of a time when anybody has imitated Shatner's Kirk except for laughs.

Perhaps only Shatner can do Shatner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Nobody can replicate Shatner and honestly nobody should even try (Chris Pine didn't and it still worked in the movies). I will say that Wesley's appearance as Kirk was kind of jarring for me in that episode when first introduced, but it sort of worked for me by the end.

I don't think I'll have any issue with it in S2, though I don't think he was anywhere near the best casting choice they could have made with this character.
this would be the time to get better acting in the role.

I’d like to see a “Kirk” V. Klingons origin story. The Worf looking Klingons, not that Atrious shit from Discovery. Maybe in a few years Tarantino might dust off his already done script turned into a 10 episode arc on Paramount+ or whoever owns the rights by then.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.