Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 09:54 AM   #136
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
There is just so much good stuff to mull over from this episode that I am still soaking it in. I mean, that is how you do a season ender, holy shit. I might go back and watch the entire season again. One of the things I liked about the episode that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that it really hammers home exactly why Spock did (will do) what he did (does) for Pike in The Menagerie. It's not just loyalty. It's not just friendship. It's a debt of honor that must be repaid and damn the costs or consequences. The showrunners have taken a throwaway pilot that was repurposed for budget reasons (IIRC) and just exploded from that starting point.
I"ve been strongly considering re-watching the whole season. Just packed full of fan service done in a way that just fit right into the episodes with nothing feeling forced or like it was done for fan service.

If the awards were done in a fair way, a bunch should end up with the cast, writers, and director of this series.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote