Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #44054
MVP

What a little phony he is...

Word had been that one of the biggest reasons he was unhappy in Seattle was that Carroll axed Schottenheimer. Because they were so "close." Turns out Wilson pushed hard for that coaching change himself.

So it now appears that Seattle did everything possible to accommodate the entitled midget (including multiple coaching changes and re-working the offense), and he whined his way out of town anyway.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/22/russel...chottenheimer/

Long before the Seahawks traded Russell Wilson to the Broncos in a March blockbuster, the star quarterback quietly “pushed hard” for a coaching change, according to a new report.

After Seattle went 12-4 in 2020 — having won the NFC West but suffered a wild card loss to the Rams — Wilson “grew tired” of former offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer “from a play-calling perspective,” All Seahawks reported.

Wilson was apparently unhappy with the disappointing end to the season in 2020 and wanted to utilize more no-huddle looks.

“Don’t let his comments mask his real thoughts,” the source said. “He had grown tired of Schotty from a play-calling perspective and wanted something fresh. As much as he benefited from his coaching, he didn’t think the two could co-exist anymore in a football marriage.”

The Seahawks dismissed Schottenheimer in January 2021, and Wilson, at the time, spoke about their “close” relationship, while noting the decision was not his.

“I think that it wasn’t my decision to change Schotty,” Wilson said. “But I think that coach [Pete] Carroll made that decision. I think that I trust his decision. But at the same time, obviously Schotty and I have been so close. I mean, he’s going to be a tremendous coach somewhere else.”

At the time, Seattle cited “philosophical differences” as its reason for parting ways with the coach.

RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.