View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 08:42 AM   #239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Yeah, it looks like it on the surface, but it was before the Natty win, and being drafted doesn't mean you end up in the league.

Frank Mason was the consensus NPOY, and look where he is now. KU has a history of getting players drafted who are out of the league quickly, or become career journeymen because they don't really have the talent.

TT was drafted and bounced quickly. Josh Jackson was a lottery pick, 4th overall, and is on his 4th NBA team already. T-Rob was also a high draft pick that ended up a bust.

Someone said Braun was going to get a GM fired, and they may not be correct, because it takes multiple bad drafts to get an NBA GM fired, but he isn't making anyone look like a genius.

Without the 41" vertical, there really isn't anything about his game that is NBA caliber.

Braun has one of the slowest releases on his jumper anyone has ever seen, and he cannot shoot coming off a screen. When he was picked, he wasn't even the 10th best player available on every Best Player Available draft board on the internet, including Bilas' Best Available Players list.

I am sorry, but it was a ridiculous pick at #21.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
A lot of teams and scouts liked Braun. This isn’t a case of one GM going out on a limb.

I didn’t view Braun as a first round pick, but I’d trust the opinions of people in the business over mine or yours.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.