Thread: Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon)
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 09:56 PM   #290
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I am shocked that a tv series based on a comic book that was a commentary about the shittiness of the bush administration and the war on terror could have anything that could be interpreted as commentary about the shittiness of radical evangelical alt right neonazis and their golden calf, president twittler. Inconceivable!
I don't know if you watch, but there's the concept of satirical viciousness, and then there's the execution.

And while I enjoy the show overall, the fit and finish is pretty ham-handed.

They'll have someone making a point about one issue, and then the chyron, or a reaction soundbite, references a completely unrelated buzzword.

For instance in the last episode, they replayed some of Homelander's speech from the previous episode about how he's tired of pretending he isn't superior to the rest of mankind, and the banner at the bottom of the broadcast said something about 'Homelander complains about cancel culture.'

That's a case of not respecting the intricacy of the source narrative and just wanting to insert buzzword snark.

Like I say, I mostly enjoy the show, . . . but the satire 'updating' is pretty amateurish.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.