Thread: Movies and TV Top gun trailer
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 12:35 AM   #164
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, I realized that when I found the Cordrey video.

So I definitely did it a bit of a disservice, to say the least.

I'll be honest - it's smaller than I expected. I remember seeing the fighters on the carrier in San Diego and thinking they were enormous compared to what I expected. But when they were working on/climbing into that Mustang in the movie - it was just...little.

I guess it doesn't have to be as big without jet engines hooked to it and no missiles (pretty sure they didn't even have rockets on those, correct?)
Actually, the P-51D made about 1,750 BHP on WEP and had an initial max climb rate of about 4,000ft/min. For comparison, a modern 737 has a max climb rate of 3,000ft/min. It had a top speed of over 440 mph.

But yeah, the Mustang is not a very big airplane.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.