Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #62
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Having somebody be bi isn't having Discovery creep into it. Discovery is a complete pile of garbage for many reasons that go well beyond what sexual orientation anybody is. S4 of that show might actually be the worst full season of television I've ever seen
Geezz New Worlds is already light years ahead of Discovery. Not even close.

Weren't gay or Bi in the original Star Trek timeline of the series? Being gay was illegal in the western world. You were thrown in jail or made to take drugs to stop your gay "urges:. So of course they didn't show that on TV in the original series.

The whole Klingon V. Federation was a way to talk about Russian v USA. The half white/half black face episode was about racism in this country. I could go on and on about episodes that people would consider "woke" these days.

I believe this series is making a sincere attempt to make a 2022 version of the original 1960's series. For the most part its working. 4 episodes in, its already the best Star Trek TV series since the original.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote