View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #836
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I guess I just don't agree that we should have a rule that requires the refs to gauge the player's intent. To me, "Did he touch it?" is super clear. "Did he purposefully intend to not touch it?" would be a mess to evaluate.

Again, it's 100% clear that he didn't touch it if you look at the clip I posted. That's not really part of the debate.
From the second angle you posted I can’t determine when Nichuskin officially tags up- it’s a convoluted mess. I can see what you are inferring though that by absolute luck the puck isn’t touching Makar’s blade when he enters the zone.

In my opinion the “tag-up” offside and the “delayed” offside rules should be written the same. If a player is deemed to have possession when entering the zone- it’s offside. This would still allow players the ability to lift their stick for a second or two to wait for players to tag up if they wanted, but in this instance eliminates the play where it is pure fluke that the puck isn’t touching a players stick when he enters the zone.

Agree to disagree here and looking forward to game 2.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.