View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #826
Kind of a mod

As I've read more about it, it's pretty clear to me that the offsides call was correct - it's just odd that so few fans knew how the rule works. Most of the time on offsides reviews, they're looking at the team entering the zone, and in that situation, the puck crossing pretty much instantly creates an offside situation since it's highly unlikely the team would then pull back across the blue line to tag up.

However, the rule really is that it doesn't become offsides until it's TOUCHED in the offensive zone. (That's why delayed offsides is a thing.) It doesn't matter if the puck is in a player's possession or not - if the puck isn't touched until after everyone team tags up, it's not offside. And yes, there are plenty of precedents out there for this.

You learn something new every day I suppose.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote