Thread: Movies and TV Top gun trailer
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 09:54 AM   #110
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I remember they had a toddler-aged kid in the first one that was Goose's son. If that is supposed to be Rooster, yeah, the time line is more than a bit off. Would help a bit if the wife was pregnant at the time and the kid was born after Goose died.

Of course, this movie was completed a couple of years ago and has sat in the can because of covid. And do they actually say when the movie was set? If the kid was born in, say, 1984, and the movie is set in 2016, that would make him 32. If it was a child born after Goose's death, he could be around 30. If Rooster didn't go the Annapolis route immediately after high school and instead went to a normal college, then attended OCS later, the time line isn't too bad. Also, at least when I was in, it generally took a lieutenant about eight years to make lieutenant commander, so if he's portrayed as a lieutenant in this, he could just be a really senior one in his early 30s.

The hardest part to believe is that Mitchell himself is still (a) a captain on active duty, and (b) flying jets in his 50s.

But, it's just a movie - and from everything I've heard, a damned good one. So I'm more than willing to let it go.

Haven't seen it yet but I'm being on it being a second child.

"Hey you big stud, take me to bed and lose me forever."
Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Snica must have mowed badgirl's lawn.