Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 09:55 AM   #53
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Oh come on, that was a good episode for the time. You've got to forgive 60s costumes and 60s TV budget restraints. I'm actually more concerned about them giving away too much about the Gorn here, because in that episode they were fairly unknown. Even at this point Spock knows more about them than he did in the original, set several years afterwards - he certainly never expressed any concerns about Kirk being eaten if he lost the fight.

Oh, sure. I'm aware of the budget constraints and the state of that tech versus today. They did a much better job of costuming the female guest actresses on a regular basis so I'll forgive them, and now I view stuff like the Gorn costume as absurdist art. But that goofy image will never leave my mind.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.