View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 07:23 AM   #599
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Well, lets watch and lets talk about it.

And i'll preface this by saying:

1. College stats don't matter to me. Meaningless. I don't even look at them. I couldn't tell you what the stats are for our picks this year. I couldn't even get in the ball park. Context of the stats matter way way more.

2. I'm not saying the guy can't be Keenan Allen. Not saying that at all. I'm never going to bet against a WR who's paired with Reid and Mahomes.

With that said, i WILL show you why i'm skeptical.

:16 seconds: WR Screen. Obviously not his game and unlikely he’ll be asked to do much of this at the pro level. But you can see how slowly he moves through this. No sudden burst. No real speed exhibited there. The Furman defense simply gave up on the play and looked terrible. Terrible level of competition. The only thing I took from this play is that he’s not particularly sudden. He doesn’t “shoot out of a canon” with the ball in his hands.

:32 Seconds: Wide open blown coverage. Both DB’s take horrible angles and whiff on the tackle. It wasn’t so much what Ross did here, it’s more what Georgia Southern DIDN’T do. Nothing I can take from this play.

:55 Seconds: Another blown coverage. He outruns the GA Tech safety, whoever that is. That’s nice. But nothing I can really take from that play.

1:04: Another blown zone coverage. The defense just let him by and it was nothing but grass. He outran the Wake Forest safety, whoever that is. That’s nice. But nothing I can really take from that play.

1:14: He get open over the middle and fails to out run the DB. I’d expect an elite WR to house this play. There was nothing but green grass in front of him. Not only could he not out run the FL St corner, they actually caught him from behind.

1:24: Separated at the top of his route in single coverage. Slight push off, but they never call that shit. Adjusted to the ball in the air well. Good NFL level play.

1:32: Beat his man who attempted to press him. He played through the press, the Duke DB got caught peeking into the backfield. Ankle tackled by the safety. Would like to see him turn that into 6 there. Nice play regardless.

1:47: Slight push off at the top the route. Again, w/e. They never call that shit. Nice adjustment to the ball on that “back shoulder throw” (really just a poor throw by the QB). Nice play.

2:03: Flea Flicker. Blown coverage. Despite the DB getting beat badly by the play design, he was still able to recover and tackle Ross. Again, with a blow that bad, you’d like to see Ross get into the endzone on that.

2:15: 1v1 down the sideline. Failed to separate. Nice catch. Played through the physicality of the DB. That’s an NFL level play.

2:34: Looks like he beat a Linebacker. Didn’t really separate well against the LB. This play was more product of design than anything Ross did. Which is becoming a theme here.

2:47: Blown coverage. DB fell down. Safety takes a bad angle and stumbles. #21 and #2 still almost run him down.

3:05: Amazing catch. He beats the attempted press coverage with a nice move inside. Some hand fighting in there. Again, can’t separate too well. NFL level play regardless.

3:23: Probably the greatest catch of his collegiate career.
A lot of the 'blown coverages' were blown because of Ross' route running off the snap. Just saying.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.