View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 05:54 PM   #594
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
That's a whole lot of stats that were amassed off of blown coverages, good play design and poor level of competition. Not a whole lot of plays in that video where you can say that Ross CREATED that play. That he MADE that happen.

Consistent themes:

1. Benefitted largely from blown coverages and inferior competition. That happens when you're Clemson.

2. Almost never created separation on his own.

3. Inferior DB's were seemingly running right there with him, or were able to close on him.

4. Video demonstrated almost nothing in terms of actual route running. Everything was a slant or a go route of some sort.

Positives:

1. Dude is large and plays large.

2. Excellent hands

3. Shows the ability to go up and fight for the ball.

4. Has some physicallity to his game.

Look, im not DOWN on him, but i certainly have some questions, because his college stuff didn't show many NFL caliber plays, stats be damned. I'm in the, "I'll believe it when i see it" camp.
You've put together a good argument and have broken things down bit by bit and that is to be commended. However I do disagree with your point where it pertains to the stats. For starters him being a top rated kid in highschool and then displaying those talents and living up to those expectations straight away by not only putting great things on tape on the biggest of stages, but underlining those performances with big numbers aswell, is something that mostly the elite guys do and i think that's why he was so highly rated. Flashes without some kind of stats only leave more questions imo. Because It's one thing to make circus catches and rip off the odd big run, but if your performances have substance and actually help your team win games then to me that tells me something about your overall game. Another thing I'll add is as I mentioned before he was on the field with many other top guys who are now producing in the NFL in Higgings and Renfrow so he wasn't getting a ton of targets per game like Skyy Moore did for example and I think putting up big numbers whilst not having an abundance of balls thrown to him per game is another trait the elite guys have.

Anyway here are some Justyn Ross route running tapes from a football coach.

The encouraging thing about these videos is you can clearly see he has some very good tools in his release packages. His hand fighting is legit, his footsteps are clean and he catches the ball confidently. And he was doing this stuff aged 18 and 19.

Obviously nothing is promised for even many first round picks..but i remain convinced that IF he can remain healthy, keeps his head in the playbook and works hard, then he has the talent to really surprise a lot of people and be very productive in this league. we'll see if he proves his backers right.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote