View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #261
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
In a perfect world, I would agree with you. But this is kid's soccer in Johnson County, Ks. The mindset is about winning and losing. Parents pay crazy sums of money to have their kids on those types of teams. I'll guarantee you that very few coaches would keep their jobs very long if they didn't produce. So what's the answer? It's rec leagues where the kids are taught fundamentals and no one gets a trophy. The problem there is there aren't enough dads and moms that are willing to give up their time to coach those kids. If you do find a person to coach those types of teams, they still have to put up with the Karens and Todds that are "too busy" to coach themselves. Until we get away from MVP awards, trophies, and such nothing will change. If Pete wants change, then he needs to step up and say this isn't for my kid and move the kid to a rec league. He wants someone to do it for him so he can blame someone else.
Rec leagues are only teaching BASIC fundamentals. We pay to have my 11 year old daughter in a comp league because the coaches are trained and certified....not just a parent doing it because they don't want to deal with a shitty coach. Your child isn't going to learn about formations and ball movement in a rec league.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.