View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:00 AM   #1659
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
That’s quite the retcon there. The 2011 title team was an 88-74 pythag team that got quite lucky in the post season. The five prior years they avg 84.8 wins and their fans were moaning about LaRussa. In the five Matheny years after 2011, they avg 92 wins. I’ll grant the good farm system point with the caveat their best prospect died after playing only 80 (poorly played) games

Who cares what they say? Have they provided any evidence ? No they have not. Relying on what fans think is a poor analysis. Our fans hated Yost for years and complained loudest about his pen management. Then for two years he had the most ferocious pen ever and suddenly he was a genius on that front.
I don't need them to provide proof. I remember it and can provide it.

Oscar Taveras struggled because Matheny handled him poorly, continually giving playing time to crappy veterans instead of Taveras. Same with Kolten Wong.

Statistical analysis of Matheny's bullpen management by third parties revealed it was so bad, he'd be better off selecting names at random.

Multiple bullpen arms got overused, then had their velocity dip, then blew out their elbows (what Scott Barlow is headed towards).

His teams led the league in outs on the basepaths through over-aggressive running consistently in St. Louis.

Mike Matheny did, does, and always will suck.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.