View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #231
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Let's assume no parents ever said anything to him. How is he going to get better?

I haven't said anything to him and it isn't about just my kid. But nonetheless if someone doesn't ever tell you that you're doing something wrong and you think you're doing things right, how do you ever get better?

But whatever. Point of the thread was to ask other parents when they have decided to say something to a coach.
I think you are wound up too tight. You admitted that your kid was ranked in the bottom 3 players, yeah? So there is some realistic viewpoint there, that’s good and there’s nothing wrong with admitting your kid isn’t in the elite status… few are, especially at 8.

Sounds like you’re looking for confirmation to go berate the coach. Suggestion… step up and be a coach. All you can do is prepare your kid with lessons and positivity. Don’t set him up now with excuses…

He is 8 and over the last twenty years, too many parents view youth sports through the wrong lens. Recalibrate your expectations and put him in a position to learn, grow and enjoy the sport.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote