View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #67
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Congratulations on the upcoming trip. I know from past convos you and Lew are heavy in the credit card rewards game.

I just stick with my AmEx for gas and grocery purchases and then put everything else on my CapitalOne for 2% cashback. It's a good system and I don't mind keeping it simple. I have considered "churning" through some new cards just to get those "$250, $500 cashback when you spend $1000 on this card in the first 3 months" sort of deals but that's just a bit much for me.

My goal is to pay off a trip to Hawaii for my gf and I with my credit card rewards. At this point I'm actually pretty close.
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with keeping it simple, and cash back cards are the best place to start for 95% of people. You can get a ton more bang for your buck if you go for travel rewards, but it's FAR more complicated (despite what a lot of online blogs and videos tell you). But that said, you can get some insane experiences if you dedicate the effort. A friend of mine (who I would call an expert) just took a trip to Germany, and on the way back he flew Singapore Airlines' first-class suite:

Again, 100% paid for using credit card rewards.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.