View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 10:00 AM   #65
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Congratulations on the upcoming trip. I know from past convos you and Lew are heavy in the credit card rewards game.

I just stick with my AmEx for gas and grocery purchases and then put everything else on my CapitalOne for 2% cashback. It's a good system and I don't mind keeping it simple. I have considered "churning" through some new cards just to get those "$250, $500 cashback when you spend $1000 on this card in the first 3 months" sort of deals but that's just a bit much for me.

My goal is to pay off a trip to Hawaii for my gf and I with my credit card rewards. At this point I'm actually pretty close.
Yeah, the new account bonuses are where it's at, but I don't put much effort into them. I had Discover for a while and did the math on a Chase Southwest card, and it was the 60k bonus points that made the difference by far... the month to month points/cash back across various cards all seem to be roughly the same.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.