View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 06:23 AM   #196
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
He isn't doing the one at a time because they don't know who to go in for or where to play. That much I can tell you for sure.

After coaching for years I can guarantee you have no idea what is going on with the kids on the bench during the game.

Coach: "Okay Matt you are going in for Tom at striker."
Matt: "I don't want to play striker. I want to be defense."
Coach: "I really need you at striker right now, I will try get you in at defense later in the half."
Matt: "I want to play defense."
Coach: "I just subbed in Kevin on defense two minutes ago. Defense isn't an option right now. Do your best at striker."
Matt: [Staring at the ground, refusing to get up]
Coach: "When your parents ask you why you didn't play much after the game, please make sure you tell them the truth."
Coach: "Barney, want to play striker? Tom is very tired."
Barney: "My stomach hurts, I ate my oranges before the game."

4 hours later - email from Matt's dad who is unhappy with his playing time.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote