View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 09:37 PM   #11
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I should point out I’ve never been paid….and coaching probably costs me $500-1k per season in supplies, gas Ed.

On the other hand I guess paid clubs are a little different. I take my son to a wrestling club out of town for coaching because I’ve reached the limit if what I can teach him and I don’t want to be a limiting factor. If I had an issue with results, or the process, or the system, or the coaches decisions or treatment of my kid or others….I’d choose a different available option.

That said, the parents of club sports kids can be complete assholes with unrealistic expectations. Sometimes a kid/parent and club aren’t a good fit for whatever reason.

Also….spending $50k on your 8 year old to be the best travel ball kid on the planet very rarely results in a professional career or college scholarship that returns the investment…..and too many times, overly competitive parents push kids too hard, and bitch about coaching…burn the kid out and they quit or change sports when ot starts to matter.

We talked to a boy in another town tonight that’s been a good wrestler since 1st grade…and now that he’s going into jr high….says he’s done.
Yep !! Some parents because they pay big bucks regardless of the talent of their kid should be playing A LOT !!
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.