View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 12:42 AM   #92
Veteran

A bit off topic from the OP.

A thought has me a bit puzzled. Everyone says they have a: back day, leg day, arm day. I guess that one, they don't wanna get bored, I get that. Two they don't want to over work a muscle group. Additionally, I am not going to enter into a body building competition.

In the Army, we did a bajillion pushups everyday. Was that bad? I am thinking same for the bench, within reason. Can you plank everyday? Can you run everyday?

I say within reason. If you max curls to extreme failure, ya, not everyday.

I want to max efficiency, all body exercise with the least amount of time. The main goal is to lose weight and tone. I understand diet is an important factor. Input and output. I am in the losing weight stage. Once I reach my goal, then it is maintenance. For life. If your occupation requires a lot of movement, then there are not a lot of issues. I fly a desk and getting older.

A work out buddy of mine told me today that after 60 yro, you are screwed as to building muscle. Thus I am getting ready to be screwed soon. Though I am not into building muscle anymore, but more muscle = greater fat burning machine.

I am ready to commit to 30 min/day for the rest of my life. It might be tough at 90 in a wheel chair though. Racing?

Key is mental. Just open the gym door.

With that in mind and 30 min timeline, what are your thoughts.

Last edited by Holladay; 05-17-2022 at 12:48 AM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.