View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 01:02 AM   #25
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think this is probably right.

I think they probably had Karlaftis and Johnson ranked similarly as fringe 1st/early 2nd round guys. They had McDuffie as a 1st round guy.

Had Johnson fallen to 30 I'm sure the Chiefs would've strongly considered him. Maybe even ahead of Karlaftis (
maybe not; hard to know how much of the after-pick stuff is bullshit fluff).

But the easy and obvious answer is the Chiefs simply graded McDuffie higher than Johnson. And I suspect they weren't even in a minority there - as that random scout said "Johnson was considered more highly among the media than he was in the industry..."

I think a lot of the talk about Johnson sliding was draft talking heads miscalculating more than anything. When I said every year there's a guy that gets talked up by front offices to the media as a smokescreen I cited Moore; turns out it easily could have been Johnson this year.

Guys who start 'rising' for no obvious reason should make you question if they're actually rising or if they're just getting tossed out there as red meat during draft season.
The way Spags was talking to Karlaftis he said out of all the players in the country Karlaftis was his number one choice. Also you could tell how excited Spags was in getting him and I never thought he got that excited about anything. Spags was truly excited to get Karlaftis. So that gets me pretty stoked about him.

Oh to note that the Chiefs never even brought in McDuffie for a work out because they simply thought he would be gone and after the first two top rated CB got taken #2&#3 they really didn't think they had a shot but I think a run on WRs and some other possessions went off the board and Vlanch made a move with NE and I called it before draft that NE would be a trade partner and indeed they were. So the draft is a real lottery ticket and gamble and risk. First round grades turn out to be bust all the time and late rounds turn out to be All Pro you just never know until a few seasons into their rookie contract.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.