View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 07:27 PM   #303
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I get very angry over the argument, “Can the story of the NFL be told without this player” for determining the HOF.

The regular season has to matter. Longevity and consistency over a legit era has to be considered, not just an explosive couple of years. And yes, stats have to be a thing. Comparative stats. What did you do in the era of football in which you played?

Edelman doesn’t have a HOF resume. Period. And neither does Terrell Davis. It’s bad enough that he’s in. We don’t need this thing watered down anymore. We let Edelman into the hall and we may as well start handing out career participation trophies to everybody.
Personally I think the first question should be, was this player ever in the conversation as the best at his position at any point in his career? If the answer is no then they shouldn't be in. I'd rather see a guy like Terrell Davis (or, say, Jamaal Charles) make it than a Curtis Martin or Frank Gore.

The idea of Edelman making it is so plainly ridiculous I can't take it seriously enough to be mad. It's just funny.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.