View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 06:27 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerchief View Post
Earlier I’ve seen Johnson going higher in drafts, but of late, Karlaftis is drafted several spots earlier. Anybody else seeing the same? I think I like Karlaftis better.
I'm really concerned about Johnson not running a 3-cone or shuttle at his pro-day after not running it at the combine. He's a bit stiff-looking on tape, that's my biggest gripe about him. I'd have liked to see those times.

Meanwhile, Karlaftis ran an insanely good 6.78. The top edge rushers run <= 7.0. You have guys like Hutchinson (6.73), Walker (6.89), Ebiketie (6.95), Thomas (6.91), Bonitto (7.07), Williams (6.93), Malone (7.04) were right there.

Then you have guys like Thibodeaux (7.23), Mafe (7.25), Robinson (7.19), Hall (7.25), and Enagbare (7.51) where they weren't as good there. Now, Thibs doesn't look like that on tape. Mafe to some extent either. Thibs, Mafe, and Robinson all posted good shuttles under 4.35 which helps ease concerns over slightly subpar 3-cones (good range 4-4.4). Hall and Enagbare did not post good shuttles, especially Enagbare over 4.5.

From what I've seen, I'd feel good taking most of the edge rushers from athletic perspectives but Hall is a DT only for me and Enagbare isn't on my radar at this point.

The other guy we didn't get to see was Josh Paschal, who I also wonder about.

So yeah, I could see Karlafis going over Johnson after his strong workout and johnson leaving questions unanswered.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.